Ice Picks and Snow Flakes

I was sitting around trying to come up with what I would say today, so as I sit here watching the Grammy's and listening to some amazing voices I am still trying to decide on a specific topic. So many thoughts going through my mind and this is just one way for me to organize them all.

Today was difficult, I didn't feel like going to church this morning because I felt so sick, but I was also incredibly hungry for the Word and knew I needed it, so I got myself up and ready and went. Boy was I glad I did. Gregg's message on marriage was incredible! He talked about how if our focus isn't God then our relationship with a spouse cannot be right. God HAS to come first or it wont be possible for us to put our spouse ahead of ourselves. This all reminded me of what I have been reading in Undressed this week. MY focus needs to shift from "okay God where's my husband," to "okay God, I trust that you know what is best, YOU are all I need." That is the only way we can truly be happy is to embrace where the Lord has put me and the opportunities He has given me.

I went and got some soup from Harps on my way home and I was beginning to feel a little better, until the headache hit. It literally felt like there was an ice pick in my eye and going into my brian... (I know sounds intense) it was...so I tried to take a nap and after about 2 hours I woke up in more pain. So I took a muscle relaxer which for a sinus headache doesn't help much, but it helped me to sleep a little while longer.

It is a little better but my chest and head are so congested that I was miserable for the most part of the day.

But you guys don't come read my blog to hear me complain about being sick.

All that to say that while I was laying in my bed complaining about my pain and feeling sorry for myself I kept asking God why I was experiencing such pain, what could possibly be the purpose of me feeling like this. So I began to try and think with a heavenly mindset instead of having a pity party. You know what I realized? Yes, this pain is bad but think about how Jesus felt, not only did it feel like an ice pick, He literally had thorns penetrating His skull. This pain is nothing compared to what He endured for me. So all those times when we were told growing up there is nothing that you can experience that Christ didn't experience in His 33 years on earth .… That is true! Believe it or not He had headaches, he probably tripped and sprained his knee (it is healing btw) He struggled to resist temptations. HE was 100% God but also 100% MAN! I found comfort in knowing that it could be worse.

Probably not where I would have gone with that previously but I am trying to set my eyes on heavenly things rather than complaining and grumbling about things that I can't change.

In other news it is supposed to snow tomorrow, I cant think of a better way to spend my long work day than to sit at my desk, make calls and watch the snow fall. I always wonder what the weather will be like in heaven, I would love for it to be warm with a good snow every once in a while. As much as I don't like it to be cold... I. LOVE SNOW! There is something so peaceful about just watching the snowflakes fall and pile up on everything. I love the snow while it is falling but honestly once it starts to melt I want it all gone..brown snow in patches is just depressing...Im ready for 55-65 degrees and baseball season and training for half-marathons outside!

I love what Jesus is doing even if I can't see all of the plan right now. Thank you to those who are reading my blog, but please don't ever feel obligated, I am writing this to be an encouragement and so that God can use this to bless someone's life even if I never know about it. Don't think you have to comment or text me and let me know you read it, if you want to Great! If not Great! =) I just want to bless you wonderful people I get to call my friends and family, and some friends that are like family.

But! I am 20 min past my bedtime, SOOO enjoy the snowflakes and Praise the Lord for the beauty that is the  snow covered hill that is Fayetteville.… Je t'aime You guys are the best!

until next time... au revior mon cherie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let it Go

What happened? You Good?

Different life