To Share or Not to Share, That is the Question..
I am not sure what I want this blog to be. The musings of a young heart calling out to her Savior, or a rant about the latest Bachelor gossip. All I really know is that I want to blog. I have a lot of thoughts and some of them are too personal or too strange ( in my eyes) to be conversations used over a dinner. I miss writing, I was on the newspaper staff in high school and when we were given the opportunity to write a column we all jumped at the chance. So just like that, with the inputting of a password and finally coming up with an interesting yet witty address here I am, posting my first...well post on my first blog (post-Xanga) we were far ahead of the times with that now weren't we? Although I think that all of our posts then were what boy we liked and who our best friends were. This blog on the other hand wont be as much about who my current best friend is, and more about what the Lord is doing in my life.
I have recently been reading a lot more than I used to. Both scripturally and books to read along with scripture. This past Sunday The books "un-Christian" and "Crazy Love" were mentioned. So naturally I went out and bought "Crazy Love" (my dad has un-Christian and is bringing it to me this week.) I finished "Crazy Love" in two days and WOW! We are so small and insignificant, yet God Himself saw it fit to come to earth this tiny speck and die so that we may spend eternity with Him! If that isn't humbling I don't know what is! It makes me think of a movie that we always watched a clip from at Camp War Eagle, "Horton Hears a Who" imagine us as the people of "whoville" living our lives on a tiny speck having no idea of anything going on around us while this giant being that we can't even begin to imagine is protecting us from all sorts of danger. That is Christ but He is so much more than that! And we spend all of our time thinking we are it, that this life is all by chance and that we have control over everything. I don't want control! Imagine that burden! Having to constantly worry about how anything in your life was ever going to be successful, or how you were going to make enough money, or where your next job would be! No thank you! I want God to be in control.
After last semester ended I didn't have a job, i was done with school but wouldn't get my degree so i technically couldn't say i was done. I had two babysitting Jobs set up and during finals week they both fell through. However, I felt like i was supposed to stay in Fayetteville. What was i supposed to do? I needed a job. So I told God "this is all in Your hands, I know I am supposed to be here please, Lord give me something, anything." Yet I was not actively searching for jobs. I was expecting God to just drop something in my lap. I'm not saying He never does, He has before for me, but I shouldn't expect Him to do it every time. Anyway, the day that I realized I needed to be actively searching I found several jobs on craigslist, (I know I know Shady Lane, but hey you gotta start somewhere.) I heard back from a lot of spam, and got one call the next day, from Generations Health and Wellness Center. I admit my first thought was "Well shoot I didn't think I would hear back this soon, am I really ready to start working?" My dad had given me until the end of January to find a job and here it was January 3 and I already had an interview. Well, they called me back for a second interview and then a third...the third was just to let me know that I had the job. And here we are a month and a week later and I love my job. They are Christians and everything about the job is great. They are a precious family with a 2 year old and a newborn and everything about the family is precious. God provided, I had no reason to ever doubt that He would but for about a week over christmas break i really wondered "am i going to have to move home?"
We ask "Why?" a lot, which is fine but if we are asking "Why?" and demanding an immediate answer we are generally less likely to hear the answer we are given. We talk to Christ like He is here for us a lot of the time, when we are here for Him. He doesn't need us, He chose us. He wants us. HE WANTS US! This statement is still a surprise to me a lot of the time. Why would a God that big WANT me? To quote a song from Mama Mia "Im nothing special in fact I'm a bit of a bore.." but He doesn't think so, no matter how many guys dump me Christ is ALWAYS interested. He doesn't care how weird, or corny I am, and I am fairly confident that He has created a husband for me that will love how weird I am. (Just by the way.)
Well I am going to end this post just so that I can make my blog pretty and dress it in fun clothes like it were a child or Paris Hilton's dog. I may post again tonight, i may post again next month. But until the next post, Au Revior Mon Cheri
I have recently been reading a lot more than I used to. Both scripturally and books to read along with scripture. This past Sunday The books "un-Christian" and "Crazy Love" were mentioned. So naturally I went out and bought "Crazy Love" (my dad has un-Christian and is bringing it to me this week.) I finished "Crazy Love" in two days and WOW! We are so small and insignificant, yet God Himself saw it fit to come to earth this tiny speck and die so that we may spend eternity with Him! If that isn't humbling I don't know what is! It makes me think of a movie that we always watched a clip from at Camp War Eagle, "Horton Hears a Who" imagine us as the people of "whoville" living our lives on a tiny speck having no idea of anything going on around us while this giant being that we can't even begin to imagine is protecting us from all sorts of danger. That is Christ but He is so much more than that! And we spend all of our time thinking we are it, that this life is all by chance and that we have control over everything. I don't want control! Imagine that burden! Having to constantly worry about how anything in your life was ever going to be successful, or how you were going to make enough money, or where your next job would be! No thank you! I want God to be in control.
After last semester ended I didn't have a job, i was done with school but wouldn't get my degree so i technically couldn't say i was done. I had two babysitting Jobs set up and during finals week they both fell through. However, I felt like i was supposed to stay in Fayetteville. What was i supposed to do? I needed a job. So I told God "this is all in Your hands, I know I am supposed to be here please, Lord give me something, anything." Yet I was not actively searching for jobs. I was expecting God to just drop something in my lap. I'm not saying He never does, He has before for me, but I shouldn't expect Him to do it every time. Anyway, the day that I realized I needed to be actively searching I found several jobs on craigslist, (I know I know Shady Lane, but hey you gotta start somewhere.) I heard back from a lot of spam, and got one call the next day, from Generations Health and Wellness Center. I admit my first thought was "Well shoot I didn't think I would hear back this soon, am I really ready to start working?" My dad had given me until the end of January to find a job and here it was January 3 and I already had an interview. Well, they called me back for a second interview and then a third...the third was just to let me know that I had the job. And here we are a month and a week later and I love my job. They are Christians and everything about the job is great. They are a precious family with a 2 year old and a newborn and everything about the family is precious. God provided, I had no reason to ever doubt that He would but for about a week over christmas break i really wondered "am i going to have to move home?"
We ask "Why?" a lot, which is fine but if we are asking "Why?" and demanding an immediate answer we are generally less likely to hear the answer we are given. We talk to Christ like He is here for us a lot of the time, when we are here for Him. He doesn't need us, He chose us. He wants us. HE WANTS US! This statement is still a surprise to me a lot of the time. Why would a God that big WANT me? To quote a song from Mama Mia "Im nothing special in fact I'm a bit of a bore.." but He doesn't think so, no matter how many guys dump me Christ is ALWAYS interested. He doesn't care how weird, or corny I am, and I am fairly confident that He has created a husband for me that will love how weird I am. (Just by the way.)
Well I am going to end this post just so that I can make my blog pretty and dress it in fun clothes like it were a child or Paris Hilton's dog. I may post again tonight, i may post again next month. But until the next post, Au Revior Mon Cheri
Comments
Post a Comment