FAFMM.....Youll get it..dont worry!
Okay, i know friends, its been awhile. and so this post will give you a lot of my heart at the moment, and it is hard..to be so transparent...but it will also be long. You guys dont know it but i keep a list throughout the periods of time between blogs. and it has been a long time. So....My list, although i cant seem to locate it for the first time in weeks..i think i remember some of it. so you get the edited version.
Fasting
Adoption
Friendships
Men... (sorry. this will probably be the long one. skip if you wish)
MY MARINE!
I write my blog just as thoughts that cross my mind, (explanation of the randomness..welcome to my brain friends)
Ill start with Friendships:
I am so blessed. If you are a part of my life i am blessed to know you. I was reminded of how amazing my friends are today, when i got to share a sweet conversation with my friend Xuan. i usually see Xuan at least twice a week and last week was lacking in Xuan time. I saw her for a minute at church but you dont have much conversation sitting next to someone at church, so when she came into my office this evening it was on. We talked for about 20 minutes just catching up and sharing ideas on the future, talking about depressed cats and wedding photos. I have missed this chica.
My roommate, one of the most gracious patient and wonderful people i have ever known or will ever know. The transition from my roommate sophomore year to Leah is just a complete 180, If i dont have time to do the dishes because i am working a 12 hour day, she does not get mad, she does them and then asks if i can do them when i get a chance, and even if i dont tell her nearly often enough i appreciate everything she does immensely.
Fasting.
This is where things start getting real.
I had a patient, weirdly enough...more on him in the next subject on him, who suggested to me after we got into some seriously deep conversation that we should fast for our spouses. Although i found it strange that i fast with a guy who has no romantic interest in me at all, i agreed that it would be beneficial. I asked him when we should do this, i figured he would just say "whenever." his response? "we should do it on the same day and lets do it on tuesdays when i have my adjustments because then we can talk about it..."
Dude really? because it isnt hard enough that you look like that to guard my heart around you and now you talk like this?! God has purpose...
"Sure...sounds great"
Was that a mistake?
So the next few nights although i am not talking to him he ends up on my mind enough that he somehow makes his way into my dreams for 5 nights straight... (man of my dreams right?) So we will see...
Which will easily transition into men...
This guy is the epitome of what i am looking for...dont worry, he doesnt read my blog..
We have incredible deep conversations, easily. Nothing ever feels forced or uncomfortable. He loves Jesus. A Lot. As Sarah Diana and Amber always said, he has "man cleavage" (for those of you not lucky enough to know these lovelies "Man cleavage" is what makes a man attractive the biggest thing is having a heart that seeks the Lord above all.) and this guys got it, lots of it. It also helps that he is stinking attractive. Probably the most attractive man i have ever known. (guys he is movie star hot) enough about his physical appearance, he is a good looking fella done. I just cant get over how easy it is for me to talk to him, we have talked about things that guys just dont generally talk to girls about, at least not a girl that they arent dating. So now for the fun part. When i met this guy he was single as far as i knew, never mentioned a girl...so i did a little looking around on twitter, then i discovered a girl. Got mad bc i was thinking well thats not fair to her! I then found out that they were on a "break" (i think breaks are ridiculous because one of two things happens, either they hang out and are never actually broken up other than the label, or they spend all their time thinking about each other and dont give the Lord time to work) So I was okay with it bc he was for all intensive purposes, Single. So i kept talking to him, same as before, let my guard down a little bit and boom, the second i ask him how his heart is after the relationship he says theyre back together..."oh...okay...thats cool....ifeellikeafool..." So here i am, in the really awkward position of having some weird confusing feelings for a guy who is in a relationship...guess who is dreading tomorrow?..havent talked to him in a week and a half....which is weird since we were talking every day...I know not good....but im trying not to be that girl....so im stifling my feelings and taking into consideration that if God is going to show me this guy and not let me have him, shoot the Lord is about to blow my mind. No settling for this girl...
Adoption:
Some of you 3 readers know that I have a very strong desire to adopt a little boy from either Nigeria, or Uganda. I have had baby fever recently and I cant wait to get married and share this desire with my husband, i want my baby! I just think about all of the babies that are being born in africa every day that have no parents because their moms are sick or because, their dads have been killed. I want him, i want him so much! I cant wait to be financially stable enough and for the Lord to provide a way for me to finally get my little man. So excited for what Christ can do through me!
EEEEP!
Okay My Marine!!!
His name is James =) I have sent him one letter and i am going to be sending him a care package soon!
I cant wait to hear back from him and i will keep you guys posted on him and anything that he needs that i may need help affording or any prayer requests that he has. I dont know if he is a believer, so if he isnt..you guys can be praying now for his salvation and that the Lord will use me as a vessel so that James will see Jesus through me. We are called to be a light in the darkness. James is in Afghanistan right now. I cant imagine a place where it would be easier to fall into darkness than somewhere where there is so much danger and so much dismay. So. Pray that i hear from him soon, and that he is able to see Jesus in me if he doesnt know the Lord already.
Yeah that is about it...Id say i hope you enjoyed..but it isnt about us ;) Im just trying to bring glory to the Lord in everything I do. No matter how frustrated i get, no matter how impatient i am...and after being single almost 3 years....yeah im a little impatient...but thats what it takes for me to learn patience, He will keep it going.
Love you all
Very
Much!
L
Fasting
Adoption
Friendships
Men... (sorry. this will probably be the long one. skip if you wish)
MY MARINE!
I write my blog just as thoughts that cross my mind, (explanation of the randomness..welcome to my brain friends)
Ill start with Friendships:
I am so blessed. If you are a part of my life i am blessed to know you. I was reminded of how amazing my friends are today, when i got to share a sweet conversation with my friend Xuan. i usually see Xuan at least twice a week and last week was lacking in Xuan time. I saw her for a minute at church but you dont have much conversation sitting next to someone at church, so when she came into my office this evening it was on. We talked for about 20 minutes just catching up and sharing ideas on the future, talking about depressed cats and wedding photos. I have missed this chica.
My roommate, one of the most gracious patient and wonderful people i have ever known or will ever know. The transition from my roommate sophomore year to Leah is just a complete 180, If i dont have time to do the dishes because i am working a 12 hour day, she does not get mad, she does them and then asks if i can do them when i get a chance, and even if i dont tell her nearly often enough i appreciate everything she does immensely.
Fasting.
This is where things start getting real.
I had a patient, weirdly enough...more on him in the next subject on him, who suggested to me after we got into some seriously deep conversation that we should fast for our spouses. Although i found it strange that i fast with a guy who has no romantic interest in me at all, i agreed that it would be beneficial. I asked him when we should do this, i figured he would just say "whenever." his response? "we should do it on the same day and lets do it on tuesdays when i have my adjustments because then we can talk about it..."
Dude really? because it isnt hard enough that you look like that to guard my heart around you and now you talk like this?! God has purpose...
"Sure...sounds great"
Was that a mistake?
So the next few nights although i am not talking to him he ends up on my mind enough that he somehow makes his way into my dreams for 5 nights straight... (man of my dreams right?) So we will see...
Which will easily transition into men...
This guy is the epitome of what i am looking for...dont worry, he doesnt read my blog..
We have incredible deep conversations, easily. Nothing ever feels forced or uncomfortable. He loves Jesus. A Lot. As Sarah Diana and Amber always said, he has "man cleavage" (for those of you not lucky enough to know these lovelies "Man cleavage" is what makes a man attractive the biggest thing is having a heart that seeks the Lord above all.) and this guys got it, lots of it. It also helps that he is stinking attractive. Probably the most attractive man i have ever known. (guys he is movie star hot) enough about his physical appearance, he is a good looking fella done. I just cant get over how easy it is for me to talk to him, we have talked about things that guys just dont generally talk to girls about, at least not a girl that they arent dating. So now for the fun part. When i met this guy he was single as far as i knew, never mentioned a girl...so i did a little looking around on twitter, then i discovered a girl. Got mad bc i was thinking well thats not fair to her! I then found out that they were on a "break" (i think breaks are ridiculous because one of two things happens, either they hang out and are never actually broken up other than the label, or they spend all their time thinking about each other and dont give the Lord time to work) So I was okay with it bc he was for all intensive purposes, Single. So i kept talking to him, same as before, let my guard down a little bit and boom, the second i ask him how his heart is after the relationship he says theyre back together..."oh...okay...thats cool....ifeellikeafool..." So here i am, in the really awkward position of having some weird confusing feelings for a guy who is in a relationship...guess who is dreading tomorrow?..havent talked to him in a week and a half....which is weird since we were talking every day...I know not good....but im trying not to be that girl....so im stifling my feelings and taking into consideration that if God is going to show me this guy and not let me have him, shoot the Lord is about to blow my mind. No settling for this girl...
Adoption:
Some of you 3 readers know that I have a very strong desire to adopt a little boy from either Nigeria, or Uganda. I have had baby fever recently and I cant wait to get married and share this desire with my husband, i want my baby! I just think about all of the babies that are being born in africa every day that have no parents because their moms are sick or because, their dads have been killed. I want him, i want him so much! I cant wait to be financially stable enough and for the Lord to provide a way for me to finally get my little man. So excited for what Christ can do through me!
EEEEP!
Okay My Marine!!!
His name is James =) I have sent him one letter and i am going to be sending him a care package soon!
I cant wait to hear back from him and i will keep you guys posted on him and anything that he needs that i may need help affording or any prayer requests that he has. I dont know if he is a believer, so if he isnt..you guys can be praying now for his salvation and that the Lord will use me as a vessel so that James will see Jesus through me. We are called to be a light in the darkness. James is in Afghanistan right now. I cant imagine a place where it would be easier to fall into darkness than somewhere where there is so much danger and so much dismay. So. Pray that i hear from him soon, and that he is able to see Jesus in me if he doesnt know the Lord already.
Yeah that is about it...Id say i hope you enjoyed..but it isnt about us ;) Im just trying to bring glory to the Lord in everything I do. No matter how frustrated i get, no matter how impatient i am...and after being single almost 3 years....yeah im a little impatient...but thats what it takes for me to learn patience, He will keep it going.
Love you all
Very
Much!
L
Have you met my friend, Whitnie? You and she would have a lot to talk about. Would you be interested in an email pen pal? She's a teacher, simmer is coming, and she is a sweetheart. I think you would get along well. :) love you! (summer. Correction doesn't work for some reason)
ReplyDelete