Short and not so sweet...
I'm getting really irritated by the people that are anti-invisible children just so they can be different. They are comparing joseph Kony and his armies to bloods and crips gangs in America...the bloods and crips are not abducting 6 year old boys and girls out of their beds at night and forcing them to murder their parents or making them into sex slaves...people are saying most of the money raised goes towards filmmaking and advertisements and not toward the children...they don't understand that Kony2012 is about the advertisement. It is to make people know what is going on. I'm infuriated by people acting like this is no big deal! I'll have more to add later but people need to know who this monster is. The point of the film is to get our governments attention, it isn't so that each of us can have the funds to go to Uganda and find Kony ourselves, it is so our government will see that this is Important to the American people so the government won't pull the troops that we have helping in Uganda!!
I don't think the people who are posting the other articles are embarrassing themselves, just trying to be different, or "anti-Invisible Children." I think it's ok to share as much information as possible.
ReplyDeleteSo many people are re-posting or retweeting just because it's COOL right now, and yes maybe that gets people's attention, but maybe they also don't know exactly what they're supporting.
If you read both sides and still want to support, that's awesome! If you don't, that is ok too. Neither side should be mad about it, unless they are spreading blatant lies (which I have no seen...yet).
Just my $0.02. :)
(Also, I have not shared articles/videos for either side of the issue on any social network, I have just been reading and observing everyone!)