Whirlwind


Honestly I don't know where to begin. So much has been going on in my life, I have been diligently applying for internships and got them all sent out before our family vacation which was a great plan because our vacation started on the deadline date. 
We went to Pensacola (our old home) and we had an incredible time just relaxing and of course taking lots of beach pics. 
I cherish our family vacations because with Brittney being a travel nurse now our time as a full family is rare. 

I always look forward to spending time with her
She is my absolute favorite person in the world. Family time is my favorite. 
We had perfect weather the whole week. It didn't rain until the day we left. As we were pulling out of the parking lot. 
God gave us 5 beautiful days of sunshine and perfect temperatures on an almost deserted beach. We couldn't have asked for a better week. 
I got up every morning partially because I was coughing like crazy all week but also to make the journey down to the lobby for coffee and to take it out to the beach and watch the sunrise.
There was only one morning too foggy to watch the sunrise, other than that I was out there every morning. Coffee in hand listening to praise and worship and watching the beauty that my Heavenly Father created for me to be in awe of His beauty. 
The last morning was bitter sweet I love standing at the place where the water meets the shore. It is literally my favorite place in the world. 

I loved having a perfect week with my favorite people. 

The return home was back to life back to routine and back to these three kiddos. 
And no sooner than we had gotten back to our routines I received a call. First from Children's hospital of Los Angeles, and then from Sacred Heart Children's hospital in Pensacola. Set up for a week apart from one another. So the first was CHLA the one that I had been most excited about. The interview...didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped, there were dogs barking, unexpected questions, and awkward responses to my answers... If they want me God will make them call... I still haven't heard anything from them. The next week I went to my cousins house, two dogs who don't bark much. And if G woke up there would be someone to get her. The interview went as well as any interview could ever go! They laughed, they liked my responses and they said they'd call back the next week if they wanted me to come to Pensacola for a second interview. They called me 3 hours after the interview ended and asked me to come to Pensacola for an additional interview! So me and my cute little cousin, who is 16 and hadn't been to Pensacola in 12 years, packed up and made the 9 hour drive to Pensacola. We left about 345am and got to the beach at 1. 
I didn't think I was going to be able to get her off the beach and back to the hotel. But she got hungry and we left about 430. 
We then headed to check into our hotel and get some rest before my big interview day. 
I had never been so collectively nervous and excited about something. I was worried they'd ask my questions I didn't know the answer to or that I would respond to something incorrectly. But surprisingly the interview went really well! Just as good as the first. I don't know that they'll choose me but even if they don't I have some good interview experience.  So now I'm back in Shreveport realizing very quickly that most of my friends that live here are married and all of my other friends don't live here. And it's hard. But in every situation Jesus is Lord over all. God is in complete control and he knows what is best for me, and what I need. And for this I am grateful and I find great comfort in this. 
Oh and me and tatum ate all of this in about 7 minutes. YUM! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let it Go

What happened? You Good?

Different life